are these wot i need?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the ones.
Thornes maybe a little cheaper.

When I use them I try to keep with the year colour they are used,so next years are blue.

cheers mark
only going there as dont think thornes does paypal,i may be wrong;)

They look like the plastic spacers I have seen being used but my instincts tell me this is very old fashioned beekeeping. I use Hoffman frames in the brood chamber and Manleys in the supers. However, I know lots of people use spacers and are very happy - so go with the spacers, but then there are people still using WBC hives...

On the plus side not all extractors take Manley frames so using narrower frames is appropriate at times.

Why not buy proper frames in the first place, namely Hoffmans?

Makes life so much easier.

PH

only going there as dont think thornes does paypal,i may be wrong;)

I must admit its a pain adding card details every time I place an order.
Maybe its something Thornes could think about..
They use Paypal for their Ebay account.

is there such a thing as a Hoffman 12 x 14 frame?

my supers are castellated but the brood box is on runners what are the best frames for brood box's

i ask the 12 x 14 question as i am going to make some 12 x 14 boxes up over the winter:cheers2:

is there such a thing as a Hoffman 12 x 14 frame?

my supers are castellated but the brood box is on runners what are the best frames for brood box's

i ask the 12 x 14 question as i am going to make some 12 x 14 boxes up over the winter:cheers2:

I have just bought some 14 x 12 sides from Thornes..............and they are all hoffmans :)

Yours Roy

Yes there are hoffman 14x12 frames, I use them myself!

John Wilkinson

Last edited:
ive got castellations in my bb and there not to my liking too bloody sharp for starters,so when i need some more frames ill try hoffmans

ive got castellations in my bb and there not to my liking too bloody sharp for starters,so when i need some more frames ill try hoffmans
I've a raft of hoffman convertors ,PM me I'll send you some :).
John Wilkinson

ive just bought a pack of 100 thanx mark:)ive enough to change them including the ones that were on your frames

Latest posts

Back