Are these black bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do not look like my bees at all.
If they are a swarm from one of my hives which I highly suspect now that I know they are not Cornish black bees then they have swarmed from a hive which has 4 supers on.
If they're a cast from your hive, they'll look like your bees.

Or they might be a swarm from the beek down the road who keeps local mongrels. Not every colony in Cornwall is Cornish Black bees!

Anyone saying they have black bees is the same as anyone saying they have an F0 nobody has pure genetics, indeed everyone thinks they are better than anyone elce

The basis of Mendels work was that he selected a plant that was pure-breeding (i.e. when bred with each other, they produced consistently the same characteristics over many generations). Crossing these pure-breeding individuals (a pure-breeding smooth pod with a pure-breeding wrinkled pod) produces the first filial generation (F1). Subsequent crossing of F1's produces the second filial generation (F2), and so forth.
What you refer to as F0 is, more correctly, called the Parent (P) generation.

The point was that he was able to produce consistent, and so, predictable results.

Last edited:
No, I know I'm bettterer than anyone else 😇

Shades of "I am Spartacus" from the Kirk Douglas film..

(I am showing my age)

I am sure there is a good reason for using acronyms,... like yesterdays LW now we have an FO,... the only words that I can think of that go with F O are not ones I would use in normal conversation .............................

I am sure there is a good reason for using acronyms,... like yesterdays LW now we have an FO,... the only words that I can think of that go with F O are not ones I would use in normal conversation .............................
Ah but it’s not Foh but FZero

F O are not ones I would use in normal conversation .............................
Foreign Office?
Flying Officer?
I was once a FELO as well as an FLO, bit confusing for some as there's a bit of a difference between a Surveillance flight liaison officer and I/C Firearms and Explosives

Back