Apple And Pear Cyser.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Co / Durham / Co Cleveland and Northumberland
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
17 nucs....
Well it is that time of the month..the apple and pear has cleared lovely and now in bottles..it has a really nice taste to it for it being so young and considering it turned out at 14.44%..

Attachments

• 20191118_132424-01.jpeg
    20191118_132424-01.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20191118_171524-01.jpeg
    20191118_171524-01.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 57
I'm not a wine fan as such Dani but this stuff tastes better than it looks and it is unbelievably easy to make.. doing bulk batches is supposed to be even better so i will be doing a 23L batch next weekend..

Good stuff, Steve.
Wine matures better in bulk. It’s why vintners mature theirs in barrels before a final maturation in the bottle.

Good stuff, Steve.
Wine matures better in bulk. It’s why vintners mature theirs in barrels before a final maturation in the bottle.

Thank you for that..i have folk wanting to buy it already not that that was my plan but i will sell it if folk want to buy it..if i get this 23L batch right and you want one it is yours..and we can get it to you some way by hook or by crook..;) ..the best thing about it though i was ridiculed on here for wanting to use set rape honey..guess what? ..that is what i have been using for 80% of the mead i have made and that Apple and Pear also has set rape honey in there somewhere..

Thank you for that..i have folk wanting to buy it already not that that was my plan but i will sell it if folk want to buy it..if i get this 23L batch right and you want one it is yours..and we can get it to you some way by hook or by crook..;) ..

Be careful .. the law on producing alcohol is very clear .. you can ONLY make wine if you are not intending to sell it. If you are going to sell it then you need to register for a wine licence with HMRC and pay wine duty on it.

Mead is a 'made wine' .. Cider or Cyser that contains honey may be considered a 'made wine' and will attract wine duty rather than the reduced cider rates.

If you are selling it then a public forum where you are stating that you will make it and sell it is perhaps not the best idea ...

Latest posts

Back