Apilife var

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe BUT a happy family picture one summer may not guarantee against squishing by your mentor when a younger more fecund model pops up at bee club next spring!!!!

keep them pheromones wafting and display pictures of brood at every opportunity!!!

BTW not good idea to have your precious "uncapped" brood out in the sun like that. get some protection before blackpool UNLESS expecting more british summer weather.

maybe BUT a happy family picture one summer may not guarantee against squishing by your mentor when a younger more fecund model pops up at bee club next spring!!!!

keep them pheromones wafting and display pictures of brood at every opportunity!!!

BTW not good idea to have your precious "uncapped" brood out in the sun like that. get some protection before blackpool UNLESS expecting more british summer weather.

The weather is a sore point. We are going for the air show but there seems to be storms. Gotta love british summers :rolleyes:

What was this thread about again? lol

:smilielol5:

A couple more

Hi,

A couple more questions....would you give the same dose on both a strong hive, and, a weaker hive with a brand new queen who is only just mated?
and secondly, should I remove the super which is full of stored sugar syrup intended to feed the bees during the winter, try and hide it, and put it back on again afterwards?

thanks
Janet

Hi,

A couple more questions....would you give the same dose on both a strong hive, and, a weaker hive with a brand new queen who is only just mated?

Janet

I'd like to know whether one should treat a colony with a newly laying queen too. I have one with no sealed brood till Saturday. I could get away with just the one week that way

Latest posts

Back