Apiguard

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Have decided stop using Apistan and use Apiguard this year.

If this isn't a stupid question but how do I get my crown board back on if the trays are on top of the frames whilst allowing a sufficient gap for it to be effective?

You can't. You need an eke to make space. Or a crown board with wider batons on one side.

Regards, RAB

Our bee inspector has double side crown boards 10mm spacers on one side, 25mm on the other.
He puts 1 tray of Apiguard on for 2 weeks having replaced any mesh floor with solid ones and put in narrow entrance blocks. After 2 weeks he replaces the tray with a fresh one and leaves it in for at least 1 month, but says it doesn't matter if it stays there all winter.

Have decided stop using Apistan and use Apiguard this year.

If this isn't a stupid question but how do I get my crown board back on if the trays are on top of the frames whilst allowing a sufficient gap for it to be effective?

You just need to go to B & Q (other wood supply outlets are available) and buy some 18mm x 18mm planed smooth strips. A 2.1m length will do 1 crown board, just glue and screw to one side.

Frisbee

Latest posts

Back