Apiguard not been removed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craftypint

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I added Apiguard on 19th August and after 2 weeks about a third was left and looked quite crystallised. I scraped this onto the second treatment and left that till today but there's still a lot left and it all looks crystallised (photo attached). Is this common?

During the treatment I left a varroa board in and taped up the back to close off the mesh floor somewhat (I've read loads on here pro and against closing during treatment)

It did get pretty cold here (Kent) for over a week after I added the initial treatment so wondering if that caused the ignoring/crystallising of it. I'm assuming that as there's lots left I should do another mite drop count and plan for another type of treatment if needed?

IMG_20200928_124019361_HDR - Copy.jpg

there's still a lot left and it all looks crystallised (photo attached). Is this common?
Yes, don't worry about it, when you remove the last tray scrape out the remaining paste and leave it on the top bars - they'll have no choice but to move it then

Thanks. I've already removed the tray but kept it so will scrape on to the top bars tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back