Apiguard and feeding

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am sure that i have read on the forum somewhere that you can do your Apiguard treatment and feed at the same time can someone confirm this.
Also what you you suggest the set up to be.

i did all mine that way fed and treated. i had no problems . some were a bit slow taking feed. but soon as they started taking it there was no stopping them

nubee

I always do both together......with the Apiguard on top of the brood frames then a 2" eke then a Miller feeder.

Alternatively you could use a spare super instead of the eke then a cover board with contact feeder on top....then another super under the roof.

richard

Seem slow taking feed with apiguard on, as soon as removed they are wolfing syrup down

Seem slow taking feed with apiguard on, as soon as removed they are wolfing syrup down

agree,

normally they will do feed but 5% of mine wont take feed or very little with apiguard on, i also seem to get more drowning bees in the rapid feeder with some colonies if thymol around is around

Vita-europe dont recommend feeding with apiguard on it but say it is alright so long as the bees still work the apiguard

but it is geetting a bit cold to get apiguard to work at the higher kill rates as at 12c it is said to drop to <60%

i did all mine that way fed and treated. i had no problems . some were a bit slow taking feed. but soon as they started taking it there was no stopping them

Agreed - 1 colony took nothing for the first week, then started feeding with a vengeance, the others were just happy to take the ambrosia (I spoil them sometimes) straight away ;)

Latest posts

Back