Anyone know a local source of fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check online for bakery Suppliers in Oxfordshire they should be able to supply 12.5kg lots

Not much help to OP, but for those in Lincolnshire, AW Curtis will send 12.5kg blocks out to their local shops for around £12 (cant remember exact amount). Tel (01522) 527212

For those who either don't find Bako cooperative or don't have one close enough have you tried BFP?

Last year they were happy to sell to personal callers, but suggested that in future I should call first to make sure they had enough in stock. With Bako's withdrawal from Cumbernauld they seem to be the only such wholesaler in Scotland.

http://www.bfpwholesale.com/

cheers

Gavin

I dont think Bookers do fondant

I asked a few months ago and their computer said 'no'

make my own at the moment with rosti's recipe and technique, but if my colonies increase next year may have to find a local baker.

I got from BFP

Fondant Cornwall

I have just managed to get an order in for fondant with a wholesale food company and will have a few boxes spare. If anyone in Cornwall would like and is willing meet me to collect please send a PM for a price?
Cheers
S

I have just collected mine from the local bakers and was charged £27.00 smackers, last year it was £10.00 this is for 12.5kgs boxes and I bought two boxes as I have now got 21 colonies, that should see them through until next year, th****e's are cheaper if collected from their depot the nearest is Rand for me that's in Lincolnshire which is 1hr away from where I live.

I have been offered a 12.5kg box for £15, delivered to a local bakery

When I have actually got it and confirmed it is OK, and also confirmed with the supplier that they would be happy to supply others, I'll post a new thread with contact details - somewhen next week, all being well

Paid £17-50 for 5x 2.5kg Ambrosia fondant last night - a top up in case my existing stocks run low.... Previous boxes cost me £15.00 back in September.

A friend and I are pricing Apisuc for next year: we should be able to use and sell on (at cost) at least a pallet's worth.

Bako Fondant

I managed to get a ton delivered (free delivery too) back in September.
its in my garage, well half of it. But I live in Kent.
PM me for details. collection only.
Bob.

Down here in bodmin our local Barnecutt bakeries were happy to sell me a 12.5kg box of the stuff. more than i need but will freeze down what i dont use. cost £20 i think, but dont mind paying a bit extra for the ease of picking it up from just down the road. Oh and of course i get to also pick up the best pasties in North Cornwall While i am there. . . . and a Danish. . . cream dougnut. . . . . and maybe a couple of coissants for breakie the next day!!

The only fondant I have found at Bookers is the Dr Oetkers small packets.

The bees really did not like it!:(

I have just collected mine from the local bakers and was charged £27.00 smackers, last year it was £10.00 this is for 12.5kgs boxes and I bought two boxes as I have now got 21 colonies, that should see them through until next year, th****e's are cheaper if collected from their depot the nearest is Rand for me that's in Lincolnshire which is 1hr away from where I live.

Are they on rations? :)

As admin knows I keep 12.5 kg boxes in stock and if you are near me then drop me a PM, this is just a service as its difficult to buy in small quantities from Bako as most of you know. I have listed on auction site
kev
Salisbury area

Last edited:
There is no problem ordering small quantities from Bako Northwest, although it appears more expensive than other Bako regions

Latest posts

Back