Anyone in the Bristol area?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WormSlayer

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just got my first bees a couple of months ago and they seem to be doing fine, but I would love to have someone experienced explain all the things I'm doing wrong!

Hi Lance
The local Bristol branch of the BBKA is just down the road from you, you can get the contact details from ABKA web site
Or you could travel over to the Keynsham branch which has a meeting this Sunday at 2.30 PM me if your interested and want directions
I am also not to far away so could meet up for a chat if required

Sorry Lance it was late and the post was ment to be for wormslayer :blush5:

But the offer still stands, I would contact the Bristol branch as your based in Horfield and they are closer to you.
They are a friendly bunch and will make you welcome and with a wealth of knowledgeable people to help you. You will also be meeting like minded people and will feel more sercure knowing there is some form of back up if things start to go wrong

I'm cheap, so I'm waiting until the membership renewal in November before joining the local association :)

Just got my first bees a couple of months ago and they seem to be doing fine, but I would love to have someone experienced explain all the things I'm doing wrong!

Lets hope that all the things you think you are doing wrong are not the things you should be doing to prepare your bees for overwintering as it may well prove your bees downfall, as the next few months are the months you need to get right.

So I hope putting off joining your local association is a wise one as joining as a associate member for the rest of the season will not cost that much and the help and advice you recieve may well be the differance of a successful winter

I'm not far from you in bishopston, feel free to drop me a line.

Neil

Perhaps I chose my words unwisely, I'm not too cheap to spend a few quid to ensure the well being of my girls, it's just that when I contacted my local association, the secretary suggested I wait until November before registering, else I would have to pay the full fee twice this year.

Hi Neil, thanks for the offer! Is it your Cordovan's I've seen in my garden? :)

Latest posts

Back