Anyone in north Hampshire?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merylvingien

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Hi there folks, i am looking for someone located in north Hampshire that might be willing to show me the ropes and hopefully get me started in beekeeping.

I am pest controller and i deal with wasps on daily basis, but in the spring when the bees are swarming and breaking away to form new colonies i often get calls asking if i treat bees (which i dont) but it would be nice to be able help relocate these swarms and I feel that its about time i learnt enough about the subject and get started.

P.s i also have a wood working shop, so it will be beehives galore!

Hope someone can help out...

Hi there, i am near Andover, i have tried to contact a couple of people in the Andover beekeeping association, but i am not having much luck with that!
Perhaps they are just too busy at the moment.

Have you tried contacting the county association and use a top down approach. It is possible the contact names you have are no longer valid. Admin might be able to advise you further, being in the South. See ...

http://www.beetalk.org.uk/

Good luck.

Do they have a club apiary and meetings. I initially had similar lack of response from my local association, so I just turned up at one of their Sunday meetings. Never looked back since.

Have you tried contacting the county association and use a top down approach. It is possible the contact names you have are no longer valid. Admin might be able to advise you further, being in the South. See ...

http://www.beetalk.org.uk/

Good luck.

Thanks for that, i do have the right contact number, just no reply to my calls, i dont want to push things and offend someone, especially if they are busy.

Unfortunately Andover association doesnt have a website, so i am not sure if they hold monthly meetings or gatherings.
No worries, i will just pick it up as i go i guess.
I am sure there is ample information on this and other websites to get me started.

What about Basingstoke or Winchester ?

I can make contact with them for you If they would be any good.

I am very near to Winchester, sort of inbetween Andover and Winchester.

Any help would be great.

Obviously i dont come without any basic knowledge, just need pointers in the right direction.

I will send you a pm with contact details for Winchester beekeepers,they are a nice group.

Glad to hear you have things sorted.

But in defence of the Andover beekepers, my wife and I have just joined with no problems at all, although we contacted them by email, not phone. The email address on the British beekeepers website is up to date.
Lovely bunch of people, but they don't have a club apairy, which I understand Winchester do.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on, my wife and I are just starting as well and it would be nice to compare notes.

Last edited:
Hi Admin
Think we e mailed and spoke on the phone?
You sold me the bee pheromones for the swarm atraction so far no luck unlike you.
But also have not got a mentor,do you know of one or perhaps you could be mine???
Also still waiting for my nuc from the club but she is saying because of wether they have not hatched yet.Is this right or is she putting me off??
I think i said that I am in Winchester or just outside,by the Worthys if you have heard of them.
Regards
Ray G

I am in Basingstoke, PM me and I will get you the details of our membership Secretary.

Merylvingien, sorry you are having trouble finding a bee buddy. I know that I would love to have a bee buddy who had woodworking skills and tools, as well as the potential to capture swarms on a regular basis through the season. hope you find someone to work alongside soon

Latest posts

Back