Anyone done a risk assesment on apiary

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Ok my association are moving apiary sites but we have now been asked for a risk assessment. Never done one before so does someone have one i can look at. Also does BDI cover third party liability?

BDI does not cover third party - it covers some losses from disease. The BBKA insurance covers public liability and product liability.

We are in the process of getting risk assessment documentation for our apiary meetings. Not done one for a move though.

I had to do a risk assessment for a display of renewable energy technologies at a festival, and found the most difficult part was keeping a straight face when composing it............
Beehive - potential hazard - tripping over on cloudless unlit night - remedy, stay away from the bloody things unless you've got a torch
Beehive, potential hazard - cross bees if you stick your head in the hive - remedy, don't stick your stupid head in the hive!
Beehive, potential hazard, you may be struck by one wielded by owner hacked off wasting time doing risk assessment - remedy, don't ask for one! - etc!

Sounds like most elf and safety rubbish - its just jobs for the unemployed in my book - very little is useful- most b....... obvious

Jees I only asked for help. It is a requirement of the land owners.

Many thanks for your help Somerford by pm.

Sorry Veg- just touched a nerve...It has caused such unnecessary work in many businesses. People come up with crass reasons why things cannot be done--- just in case they get sued by a scheming scumbag. Yes, health and safety does have its place - and is ruled by COMMON SENSE Good luck with your assessment.

Well they wont need a risk assesment anytime soon for the next moon landing will they :(

Last edited:
admin Well they wont need a risk assesment anytime soon for the next moon landing will they

"next"?? you think they've been already??
(space wombles must have visited and collected the scrap, it's not apparent on any of the moon images) :patriot:

Back