Anyone bringing shade to their bees for the forecast heat wave?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the bees quite liked the heatwave unlike me, i sweated myself dizzy on the other hand they pulled a shed load of comb on fresh foundation ....

I had one mini nuc - a swarm I collected two weeks prior - swarm 5 meters away in the heat to another mini nuc - and then hang out all over it as there was no room. I then doubled their space and now they have drawn comb they appear quite happy occupying two mini nucs gaffer taped together.

I thought Kent was the home of inbred hillbillies and those retiring on parents' wealth. But I am full of prejudices which would get me banned from FB. ( the current Conservative Party Leadership elections tend to reinforce my prejudices)

Apologies to those who fit neither category.. and those who are politically easily offended, (If either of the candidates become PM, we will all regret it --based on history)
I'm not politically offended. But I feel I have to observe that is a pretty asinine post. (I'm pleased btw to have for the first time found a way to use the very special qualities of that word. Its a first for me)

I’m pretty sure I asked at the time for some rough areas to check on BB. I think at the time you refused. Perhaps now is the chance to show us how remote Kent is? Perhaps you’ll forgive us as the last chap to claim remote humid valleys found out he had a few hundred apiaries a couple of big bee farmers all in a horny drones range! I think we can probably also imagine the number of ordinary beekeepers in the 5th most populous county in the Uk, not to mention the number of commercial beeks moving hives in and out of agricultural areas for various crop pollination. Very popular in Kent😉

Attachments

• FD692E9C-2428-4431-BC11-FFF68B053893.jpeg
    FD692E9C-2428-4431-BC11-FFF68B053893.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back