anybody from Northern Ireland..Co Down area?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
is there anyone on here from my area..would be great to get some local knowledge..............Northern Ireland, Co Down...thanks

Not a million miles from you - just outside Tandragee in Co. Armagh.

The man to speak with in your name of the woods would be a chap called Joe Thompson - only spoke with him once but people I respect speak very highly of him.

i know joe very well and he has been helpin me out a lot, and comes up to my hives when am not sure of things...he's a real gent and a genius as far as i am concerned with bee's......have you been keepin bee's long yourself?

Got my first colony at the start of July, second came along at the end of August. Since May i've been working with two other beekeepers and a mate who got a Nuc in May. I've had a bit of an interest in Beekeeping for as long as I can remember, reading bits and pieces and chatting with folk I worked with who kept bees etc. but it was only when my mate got his bees and I had a chat with his mentor - a chap named Tom Canning who knows Joe well - that the subject of me keeping bees came up. After the first time I talked to Tom he announced "I think you'll be keeping bees" and that was it!!

If Joe Thompson is helping you need no further advice......

Busy Bee

Latest posts

Back