Any cheap sugar?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbchive

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Seems to be a lot of splitting and general crap weather feeding going on. Anybody found any sugar deals?

"To trade at Booker Wholesale you must be a business or charity. Membership is free. Visit your local Booker branch and pass the completed card to the receptionist who will register you."

How do you get around this please?

Go into your local branch and tell them you are a Beekeeper and they will issue you a card.

Bookers will recognise beekeepers and sell to them take your bbka registration card and if they query your right to buy get them to contact head office.

Booker registration

You dont need to take your card everytime. I requested they took a copy of mine and it's good for the year, just sorted it for this year as it happens.
Edit add - just to make that clear they give you a membership card. R

Last edited:
Membership lasts forever at bookers. But I was informed that you should purchase 'something' from the store once a month. To keep your membership open.
I use them all the time now and NEVER buy sugar anywhere else.
Tesco sometimes its 95p a kilo, Iceland 75p a kilo.
Bob.

It might be worth checking with your local association as well.
Last year ours was able to buy in a 'job lot' of sugar from the wholeselars at a reduced price... I ended up paying 60p per kilo for my share.

Well, this morning it was 69p/kilo at Home Bargains if that helps.........

Thats not bad.
Definately pays to shop around.

I found Bookers was OK, but once I added on the cost of petrol driving there the saving was minimal

Have you or a friend got a MAKRO card? I got all my sugar from them before christmas. It was about 56 p per kilo in a 15 single kilo pallet or they did sacks of 25 kilos which averaged out at 53p per kilo

For an everyday low price, Lidls own brand "Cordelia" is 75p kilo, and it's pure cane.........

HOme Bargains has been 69p kilo for ages.

It's handier than Bookers so we use it.

Makro and Costco are both selling granulated sugar at 56p/kg in 25kg bags.

Sadly both require a card, Costco is £25+VAT/year, available on production of any business paperwork BUT also available to NHS workers, Police, Fire, HM Forces etc.

Makro - can't remember what was required for the card but it's free.

As an offer, I can "host" a guest at either establishment, I'm in Bristol, Makro is at Cribbs and Costco at Avonmouth, if anyone wants to get a load PM me and I'll get you in. I have spoken to Makro about getting a shedload at a time, they need about 4-5 working days notice to get enough in, I was asking about getting 2-3 tonnes at a time.

QD in my part of the world has 1 kg bags at 66p.
I tried Bookers but they never called back!

Latest posts

Back