Any Bee Keepers in South Yorkshire?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all,

I've recently started working for a company that prides itself on being green. In the wetland and woodland areas that have been created I'm wanting to suggest that we get a beehive or two. One of the newest buildings has been planted up (with sedums, I think) on the roof. There will eventually be a meadow-type area too when it has grown over (perhaps with a helping hand ;)) now that the works have been completed.

But as much as I am keen to get this suggested to the board of directors I have no knowledge of keeping bees or their requirements.

Is there anyone in South Yorkshire (Rotherham) that would be willing to come and advise myself and the company Environmental Officer as to whether our site would be any good for bees and what we may need to get the project up and running? (Likewise I'd want to know if our site would not be any good for bees and what can be done to improve the situation).

I'm happy to suggest that I play a main role in the beekeeping and would be willing to learn all that is needed before getting the hives in.

Thanks in advance :D

hello mr kenobi,
i tried a few months ago to put some hives on a patch of waste ground
that my local gas company(manx gas)have,although i had the support
of some very keen employes of that company(nigel cross among others)for the bees
to be placed on that site,even the managing director was keen.
i gave them copys of my bbka insurance ,but their insurance company
said no.so good luck but don`t hold your breath.
please prove me wrong and keep us posted.
iombeeman

Anyone in or around South Yorks willing to come for a chat, cuppa and a bit of advice?

Latest posts

Back