Answers on a postcard please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudley

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 apiary's 1 with 3 hives 2nd with 5 hives
Can anyone guess what this piece of beekeeping equipement was designed for? View attachment 1857

positioning hives by use of the sun.........., either that, or it's a bee high jump/splat the failures machine...........

Is it some kind of hive positioning device?

positioning hives by use of the sun.........., either that, or it's a bee high jump/splat the failures machine...........
Nope, good try. I used it today for the first time and it worked very well. I shall post a series of pictures tomorrow evening showing it in action.
Steve.

It is two peices of birchwood ply, fixed together with the cheapest hinges i have ever seen with a bit of string threaded between the boards to confuse everyone and a faint pencil mark where someone made a mistake when measuring out to cut panels for a nuc?

There is nothing there to confuse anyone. But full marks on you're construction knowledge. But it was made in a rush.

It looks like a mini projector screen that you could put outside the hive and position at the right angle so the most bees could get a view by just looking out of the entrance... you could project inspirational messages onto it on a loop to cheer the girls up and increase honey crop.:laughing-smiley-014

I thinks its a hastily cobbled together male, used mainly for the bees to test their flying skills on. 3 points for hitting the head and 12 points for getting up the trouser leg. nil points for getting squished by that funny looking wooden thing.

Forgive my use of technical language, but is it one of those thingies invented by a Russian to separate the Queen from the rest by making her walk the plank (and keeping it slightly away from the hive, so that she ends up in between the two bits of wood)?

Very useful for those of us whose eyesight has deteriorated since we died.

Not sure what the rudimentary scrap wood double bass is doing in the picture? But it looks suspiciously like a beekeeping PPE suit with the veil down to me.

:reddevil:

Is it a bee press to get the last few drops of honey out of them?

Is it a bookstand for beginners to keep their do-it yourself beekeeping books on when playing with their hives ?

I am intrigued by them holes! Now there is either a very scientific reason as to their positioning or who ever drilled (and I used that word loosely as they look like they have been chewed out by a mouse)was drunk at the time.

I also suspect that it was deigned by a Yorkshire Man, and suspect it will save him loads of money, but will never work.

Forgive my use of technical language, but is it one of those thingies invented by a Russian to separate the Queen from the rest by making her walk the plank (and keeping it slightly away from the hive, so that she ends up in between the two bits of wood)?

Very useful for those of us whose eyesight has deteriorated since we died.

Do you mean Taranov Board ?

John Wilkinson

A very handy piece of Kit the Taranov Board but NOT for use in a garden with near neighbours.

PH

Must be difficult if Poly Hive can't work out what it is. Either that or someone is having a laugh.

Latest posts

Back