another swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahtlinurk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Had a busy afternoon:) Yesterday went to save people from wild bees, today had two phone calls.. one is on pictures. second one were wild ones again. Busy like a bee:)

Lauri

Great pictures and lovely swarm. Well done. Mine swarmed too today - just when I was starting to get confident that I had done all that was needed to stop it! Caught them though.:)

That is so boring!

Where is the wobbely ladder balanced on a box and the nettles and thornes below?

Hmmmmph. Well I put an ad in our local free paper a couple of weeks ago - the first call was a fabulous swarm of honey bees which I just couldn't get at in this particular part of the roof cavity that they'd settled in, and so had to give up after two visits.

All six phone calls after that have been bumblebees!!

Here are a few of examples of the sort of set-up I end up doing when catching swarms!

PS the last one is me working on my car!

health%20and%20safety010.jpg

health%20and%20safety011.jpg

health%20and%20safety002.jpg

health%20and%20safety009.jpg

health%20and%20safety008.jpg

Doh! you will have to put instructions on how to open the pictures for those of us who are challenged. I certainly can't.

Nice one Jim - an elf and safety nightmare:)

Polyan the qickest way is to right click the little icons on Jim's post, a window opens which gives you about 5 options I used "open image in new tab" you then click on the new tab and voila!
:cheers2: Mike

Latest posts

Back