Another passion of mine

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you source your sleepers from? I need to replace the ones around my raised beds. Thanks.

I'm sharing this because I love designing gardens as much as beekeeping.

This is the garden of Thyme it has a clock face incorporated in one of the cycles with different varieties of Thyme .
Cheers mark
6762d9306afd237ae5c76c64471455c3.jpg
25f3839c4f6a615d7ca6e61ef9b872ec.jpg
a83418287e08817b2a2ae469102c8910.jpg

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
V talented, superb!

Do you drill and peg the sleepers together?
Cheers

We use timberlock screws 250mm.. In the project above I've allowed 1200.

I had a right field day designing these steps/ Planters.

There is a planting plan, each teir is different, some of the teirs will be veg /low growing shrubs, wild flowers ornamentals etc.

And there is a grass area below the steps which will be scarefied and wildflower mix will be planted in the next few weeks.

Soft wood sleepers were sourced from a local fencing supplier that we use.
They cost £ 8+ vat.

The girls in the office have had real problems sourcing materials because of covid 19.

my work schedule has gone through the roof, I'm designing plans for the end of 2021 early 2022 and I'm looking to employ another team of 2 for next year.
So much for putting the landscaping on the back burner.

IMG_20201113_124127.jpgIMG_20201113_124036.jpgIMG_20201113_123740.jpgIMG_20201113_124054.jpg

Project is finished except the planting now.. 7 weeks of hard landscaping. project went down to the wire.
Client has me designing the whole of the back garden now for next year.IMG-20201116-WA0006.jpgsunken patio after pointing.
I was on site for 5 weeks helping the now three guys that are part of our team good lads.. All above was dug out by hand. IMG_20201006_103719.jpg
The borrowed landscape is buetifull, with the river and trees etc.

One week of planting now making the project 8 weeks in total.

Last edited:
View attachment 23030View attachment 23031View attachment 23032View attachment 23033

Project is finished except the planting now.. 7 weeks of hard landscaping. project went down to the wire.
Client has me designing the whole of the back garden now for next year.View attachment 23034sunken patio after pointing.
I was on site for 5 weeks helping the now three guys that are part of our team good lads.. All above was dug out by hand. View attachment 23035
The borrowed landscape is buetifull, with the river and trees etc.

One week of planting now making the project 8 weeks in total.
Blimey that’s brilliant
Do you want to come and fix our garden?

Crikey, you can see the pitch of the land in those shots.
Tell me about it my back legs and arms are feeling it.
Hell of a project really

The biggest project we have done lasted 16 months and was 135.000 back in 2011
It was a private project for someone famous didn't meet the client though

Tell me about it my back legs and arms are feeling it.
Hell of a project really

The biggest project we have done lasted 16 months and was 135.000 back in 2011
It was a private project for someone famous didn't meet the client though
That’s really good Curly, very impressed.
It must have been difficult just to stand up straight on a slope like that, let alone build on it.
Where do you start on a project like that?

Im always up for landscaping any where in the country, if you would like a consultation..

When we get too old to manage the garden that’s what I’ll do otherwise Stan will start making noises about moving and that’s the last thing I want to do.

That’s really good Curly, very impressed.
It must have been difficult just to stand up straight on a slope like that, let alone build on it.
Where do you start on a project like that?
At the bottom and work up, it took me 2 days to survey and get all the datums, heights etc. And then 3 days to design it got revised three times which is a pain as I use old methods for drawing up plans, I can do cad drawings but I prefer to draw things out. Aerial views side views etc.
All the steps /Planters are connected as you can see in the photos
When we get too old to manage the garden that’s what I’ll do otherwise Stan will start making noises about moving and that’s the last thing I want to do.

If you need some help in the future feel free to contact me..if I'm still in the business.

At the bottom and work up, it took me 2 days to survey and get all the datums, heights etc. And then 3 days to design, it got revised three times which is a pain as I use old methods for drawing up plans, I can do cad drawings but I prefer to draw things out. Aerial views side views etc.
All the steps /Planters are connected as you can see in the photos.

Im lucky that my wife does all the admin and writing quotes, letters, contracts etc.. Because I would be screwed otherwise.

Mr Poot, this is Your reply doesn't seam to show up above.

I'm assuming (hoping) your access to site was from the top? Otherwise it's crampons, ropes and a couple of Sherpas.
Cracking job, fair play. You'd be aching after just standing there all day never mind all that hard labour. Hats off.

Back