Another Newcomer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noops

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all,

In my other life I am a pest controler up here in the Edinburgh area, however over the last 10 years I have kept 3 hives on and off untill I lost all my bees a couple of years ago due to one thing and another.

This year for the first time in two years that a swarm has come my way and it is nice to have bees back again in a hive on the garage roof .

Cheers

Noops

Hi Noops
I had a gap 5 years, my first bees where from a pest control company, they should of kept them up to that point I thought all bees were the same (killer bees) the movie comes to mind until I bought a nuc , it wasnt long before I re-queened.
On a garage roof sounds fun.

Grub

Hello Noops,

Welcome to the forum. I started again last year after a 15 year gap, so I know what you mean.

The garage roof works fine for me.

Works fine for me as well, got a hive up there and a nuc which I will hive on Sunday evening. It is a flat roof, and with a sloping garden with the garage cut into it, its easy to get up there. Have a cold frame on there as well, I try to use space where I can and the bees are nicely out of the way.

Hiya noops, no hives, no bees(yet), no problems, Lol, welcome to the madhouse.....DTG.

Hi dave, I'm totally new :) I will be caring for 1 hive soon ( with guidance ) but we will be getting 3 hives eventually, or so Paul says. Paul is the guy who is training us and supporting us until we know what we are doing. The hive/s we will be caring for will be situated on an allotment near my childrens school and the children will be having access to them. It is a project we have been working on for over a year now and the planning stage has just ended. Now come the bees :)

Hope to see you around the forum

Karen

Back