Another newbie from Kernow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big ears

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi everyone,
Looking fireard to picking everyone’s brains on here as I start my journey in beekeeping. This is something I have been thinking about for years but never had the time. I find myself staring down the barrels of treatment for cancer, so retirement looms and by spring should be in a fit state to start up some colonies. so I hope you don’t mind if I ask lots of questions over the winter🤣🤣

adam

Yes welcome Adam and wish you well over the coming months ahead with your treatment. Fire away and no question is a silly one despite what some may say.

A very simple book to start on is ' bees at the bottom of the garden' . There are more comprehensive ones but you can move up to them! Good luck with the treatment!
E

Thank you for all your kind words. Recovering from surgery now and awaiting to hear if need radiotherapy (I’m hoping not) .
Getting set for first colony in spring2022 I hope!
Lots of reading over the winter then. Exciting times in the horizon.

Great to see some others from Kernow, I hope all goes well with your treatment. I'm at the start of my Bee journey as well so I will be watching your questions they will probably be the same as mine. I've just had my poly Langstroth arrive and setting it up for next season. I'm lucky that I have friend in my village who lives near by so I have been doing hive inspections with him really cool and learning a lot.

Back