Another design or us urban beekeepers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly alternative!
Presumably when someone works out how to put supers on it they'll have to be re-named slopers?

The omlet brigade will buy one. (runs and hides)

The above is meant as a joke for those without a sence of humour:cheers2:

actually, I thought it was a home for modernist solitary bees....not sure about the 118 118 stripes, I guess it would work as a bait hive. Maybe I'll get one.

is that the 'more bl**dy money than sense' people I hear approaching ???

LOL

I think that if sun shines onto that cottage, bees will boil to death there, or before that wax melts. That opening will not help in ventilation.

Singapore is a home area of Asian bee A.cerana. They prefer to live in open air.

Here it is said: There is not a single honey bee farm or beekeeping activity in Singapore, and needless to say, no local beekeeping associations where beekeepers share information with the public.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Honey-in-Singapore&id=455670

Last edited:
It's a Beehaus on acid! :svengo:

the website said:
The designer of this project, Adam Weaver, attacks the Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) problem head-on with this stylish box.

Oh good - a quick makeover and that's the problem sorted. I always thought it was down to the poor aesthetic of faded timber and too much outmoded Bauhaus design ethos, glad I wasn't the only one.

What next? Anti-cancer handbags? Democracy shoes? Religious tolerance waistcoats? :p

Back