Annoying ill advised sales!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsbees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I know we have had this on here before, but can you believe people selling like this and I quote, this is off one of those well known shopping channel websites:

164485_STANDARD___20100416.jpg

Garden Beehive
WAS
£59.99
NOW
£39.99
£7.99 P&P

•An attractive addition to any garden
•Creates an instant rural appeal
•A fun way to learn about nature while harvesting your own food!

Collect your very own honey by starting a bee colony with your very own beehive!!
A good summer's harvest could yield 20-30lb of honey, depending on your location and what the bees are feeding on.

During the autumn months, a sugar solution should be left out for the bees to replace the honey you have harvested, which will placate the bees.

Of course, the main point to remember is that bees can survive perfectly well without humans!

Finished in pure white our wooden beehives make an attractive addition to any garden and can be used in the city or out in the countryside. If you have a balcony or roof-top garden the beehive can still be used to great effect and will yield honey

looks like a nice size to be a nuc.

the same product is on Amas on for £78.26 reduced from £99.99

Product Description
This beehive is an example of a classic WBC-style hive, a design named for its inventor William Broughton ****. A wonderful ornament for the garden and a marvellously functional beehive that provides an extra layer of insulation for bees. Width 45.5cms (17.9"), Depth 32.5cms (12.8"), Height 37.5cms (14.7").

Pete, if you are buying six you might be eligible for flexi pay! Don't think you get discount on your p&p though!!

Sounds like beekeeping in an ideal world to me!

What a load of tat! I think it is so misleading.

What will they do next, buy now and we will send you a new bee from the colony to add to your collection each month under NO obligation!

Looks a bit small for a compost bin, but could make a nice spider sanctuary
:ack2:.

Why has it got a doorbell on the side?
Is it for the bees to ask to come in.

Why has it got a doorbell on the side?
Is it for the bees to ask to come in.

thats not a door bell its an intercome for the bees to let one another in, did you not realise every ***** townie has an intercom, its there so i can ask stupid questions to them, like i have a parcel for you do you want to come and sign for it, rather than just ringing the door bell and someone opens the door.

i cant see a tap any where, on the outside so it must one of those hives were you put the empty glass jars inside for the bees to fill up,

Just sent an email to them r2 it said;

Hi,

Just wondered if you could tell me what size frames come with the "Garden Bee Hive"?

My friends and I also wondered if the frames come with it and how many bees you get in the pack?

Thank you.

Thank you for your recent email dated 30/12/11 which has been received by our Customer Service Department.

We will contact you regarding the matters raised as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

I did too ;)

Let's see what the new year brings.

Maybe BBKA should be taking them to task!?

R2

My, you are a one Matt . . . :)

I watch with great interest to see if they swallow your bait in one great gulp.

You might even get a free drone thrown in for good measure.

I've heard nowt - seems no-one there is able to reply to our simple questions!

R2

Emailed them again too...

Check out their facebook page - lots of disgruntled customers (until they delete the posts allegedly)

R2

Latest posts

Back