And there was severn

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandfather was one of seven, they lived in two rooms, both his parents were from a family of seven siblings, all lived in little cottages in the area. my grandmother's (his wife) mother was one of ten. These were just the ones that all survived to adulthood, Dryslwynfach was a slightly larger cottage - having two small bedrooms! Although my mother was an only child, the family next door had fourteen kids so my mother was absorbed into theirs (my grandmother looked after some of the younger ones - being Godmother to two)

Well done . May all your joys be little ones:)

Stan is one of eight. He’s the oldest boy with one older sister. They were spread over 23 years though so there were never all kids living together.
I have only the one daughter. Having done it once I was never going to do it again! 😂

My grandfather was one of seven, they lived in two rooms, both his parents were from a family of seven siblings, all lived in little cottages in the area. my grandmother's (his wife) mother was one of ten. These were just the ones that all survived to adulthood, Dryslwynfach was a slightly larger cottage - having two small bedrooms! Although my mother was an only child, the family next door had fourteen kids so my mother was absorbed into theirs (my grandmother looked after some of the younger ones - being Godmother to two)

Are you striving to keep up the family tradition JBM?:)

Are you striving to keep up the family tradition JBM?:)
certainly not - children are only useful for cleaning chimneys and working air doors underground and some spoilsport had banned both of those practices now.

Congratulations Mark - a man who seems to have inexhaustible energy....
My best wishes to you all👍

otherwise one or more of the vets on here might pay you a visit
one of my grandfather's cousins used to go around farms practicing his special skills (Known as Uriah spaddwr - Uriah the Castrator) I was taught one of his methods which involved the use of a Lancashire potato peeler, he also jokingly told a TV journalist who interviewed him that he also utilised two bricks sometimes 'doesn't it hurt?' he was asked 'Only if you get your thumbs between the bricks' was his reply.

Latest posts

Back