And then there were three! (free)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveselvage

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
After discovering that the two bait hives on my shed and kennel roof contained bee colonies i thought i would check the other one, this was placed in some woodland near to my house where the public have access and it is popular with dog walkers so it was well stashed in some brambles, i only had a quick glimpse as there were people about but i could see a lot of bee traffic and some pollen going in.
Ill retreive it after dark and move it.
Strange that all three have bees as there not from my garden and as far as i know the nearest hives are about a mile away.
Rapidly running out of gear now.

lucky you 1 is good luck but 3 i think i had beter move as i get about 2 swarms a year nere me. what did you use swarm lure or lemon grass

I didnt use any swarm lure as such, its one of the things i keep forgetting to buy, i just used a couple of old combs in each.
Im tempted to put out another couple as there must be plenty of swarms about, i missed a big one last week as i left my phone at home and didnt get the message, by the time i got there it had moved from the flat balcony where it had been all afternoon to a junction box on a railway line about 50 metres away.
I did enquire with network rail and was told "no chance mate"

Latest posts

Back