and its goodnight from me

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenpug

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
none at the moment but will be getting langstroth
After being a member on this site for a number of years we are off to sunnier climes moving to sw france in may so sold all my equipment hives and bees so will be starting all over again from May looking forward to it and being retired i should have more time when I get my new french bees (hope they understand English lol) so good luck with the coming season and god bless all who helped me on this wonderful site even if there are a few grumpy buggers on here :serenade:

stephenpug..... if CVB and JBM can post from the Antipodes and Botswana... in deepest darkest...
I expect you can keep us all enthralled with your beekeepering Odyssey in Rural France!

Good Luck

Yeghes da

Congratulations on your retirement, and good luck with your move and your new bees when you get them :)

Jealous jealous jealous

Good luck with your journey into retirement ... and your new bees. We'll still be here for your entertainment if you can get onto the internet in deepest darkest France !

I think you can still access us from France!!!

thanks for the replies i will keep an eye on the forum between the odd cold beer but at 56 its time for me to be put out to grass lol good luck all

thanks for the replies i will keep an eye on the forum between the odd cold beer but at 56 its time for me to be put out to grass lol good luck all

All the best in your move. It will be a complete change for you and i can tell you, you will be quite a youngster in the beekeeping world of France.
I went to my local "Group Sanitaire des Abeilles" AGM Yesterday and being as nice as i can, i dont know if most of them could see eggs, move a hive, or come to think of it, make it to the apiary!! I kid you not. Average age, approx 70!!
And thats not a slur on older, vey capable and experienced beekeepers, but honestly!! I counted 4 people under the age of 40. we desperately need young blood. A challenge i feel!!

After being a member on this site for a number of years we are off to sunnier climes moving to sw france in may so sold all my equipment hives and bees so will be starting all over again from May looking forward to it and being retired i should have more time when I get my new french bees (hope they understand English lol) so good luck with the coming season and god bless all who helped me on this wonderful site even if there are a few grumpy buggers on here :serenade:

I retired 18 months ago and love every minute of it, lucky for me I finished early. Lots of hobbies to keep me ticking along, including the bees!

Good luck with your move.

Will you have any residence in the UK and will you be able to vote in Call-me-Dave's referendum later this year? If the vote goes against staying in the EU, ex pats living there might be put in the position of having to take local citizenship.

How do the French feel about all these economic migrants coming from the UK and taking all their bees and benefits? Will you have to wait 4 years for any benefits? Will the Front National throw you out if they come to power?

All the above remarks are a bit tongue in cheek but they highlight the ridiculous nature of some of the nationalist arguments.

Best Wishes

CVB

Good luck with your move.

Will you have any residence in the UK and will you be able to vote in Call-me-Dave's referendum later this year? If the vote goes against staying in the EU, ex pats living there might be put in the position of having to take local citizenship.

How do the French feel about all these economic migrants coming from the UK and taking all their bees and benefits? Will you have to wait 4 years for any benefits? Will the Front National throw you out if they come to power?

All the above remarks are a bit tongue in cheek but they highlight the ridiculous nature of some of the nationalist arguments.

Best Wishes

CVB

Ahhhh but wouldn't he be protected by the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties ?

Forget about Europe - with the self serving scum we have in charge at the moment I can see a general migration of of decent working class British people to Syria!!

As a resident of SW France, welcome.

I'm not sure which area you'll be in, as SW France covers a large area, but let me know if you need any help finding things beekeeping or otherwise.

Enjoy your retirement. This is wonderful part of the world.

Latest posts

Back