An odd request

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PkmnTrainerJ

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello apiarists,
I'm not a beekeeper myself but I do have a few questions and would appreciate all of your assistance.
I run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for my friends (yes, ha ha, I'm a geek etc.) and through an odd series of events my players became beekeepers themselves. I can give further story on that if you wish.

My questions are, what kind of experiences would they have had as apprentice beekeepers and is there anything they may have learned that may prove useful for their future adventures fending off monsters and things? Obviously I want a sense of realism within it to improve the game more.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi,
Wearing protective clothing springs to mind and having an epipen at hand. Have fun!

Hello beeno. Thanks for that. Might there be anything they've learned by making certain products too?

Hello beeno. Thanks for that. Might there be anything they've learned by making certain products too?

Making candles from bees, so that they can see in the dark or use honey as medication on slow healing sore and for sustenance of course food and drink (mead).

Hi,
Wearing protective clothing springs to mind and having an epipen at hand. Have fun!

Ignore the epipen thing at all costs!
You'd have to roll a double 20 on two 18 sided dice to allow you the wisdom to wield it correctly. Probably destroy your entire party due to improper use!

How to run quickly when they are angry!!!!

Or a hive mind/collective knowledge/esp...

Last edited:
How to keep warm and avoid death from hypothermia,
Which entrance to keep closed to preserve heat.
Where the warmest place is in a building
Hide in the top of tree cavity rather than a cave

Beekeepers are like ancient druids. At the winter solstice they gather to worship their bees and feed them a liquid designed to help them enter the New Year. And in summer, they puff smoke at the bees in worship.

We're really pagans whose gods are bees.

not closing up bes suit and finding a bee on their nose

or even worse, leaving their flies open!!

Hello apiarists,
I'm not a beekeeper myself but I do have a few questions and would appreciate all of your assistance.
I run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for my friends (yes, ha ha, I'm a geek etc.) and through an odd series of events my players became beekeepers themselves. I can give further story on that if you wish.

My questions are, what kind of experiences would they have had as apprentice beekeepers and is there anything they may have learned that may prove useful for their future adventures fending off monsters and things? Obviously I want a sense of realism within it to improve the game more.

Thanks for any assistance.

Getting you back on topic PkmnTrainer.

You have products you can use from the hive, honey for food, wax for making candles or maybe efergies(sp) if your players are able to do black magic, propolis for wound cleaning and glues for making weapons.

The bees can also be uses as weapons themselves your players could package them up in small projectiles to fire with catapults or you could fire whole skeps using the large freestanding catapults (not sure what they are called). You could use your magic to send bees out as scouts to see where the enemies are and what they are doing using the bees eyes.

Im sure there are many other things they could be used for and will have a think for you.

doug

Getting you back on topic PkmnTrainer.

You have products you can use from the hive, honey for food, wax for making candles or maybe efergies(sp) if your players are able to do black magic, propolis for wound cleaning and glues for making weapons.

The bees can also be uses as weapons themselves your players could package them up in small projectiles to fire with catapults or you could fire whole skeps using the large freestanding catapults (not sure what they are called). You could use your magic to send bees out as scouts to see where the enemies are and what they are doing using the bees eyes.

Im sure there are many other things they could be used for and will have a think for you.

doug

Expert not worthy

What of D and D? nope never played it just thinking what would be good in roleplaying games like that (edit. looking back through time I think I did play it a few times when I was a Teen back in the '80s). Their website is here

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/

and theses shops sell the kit to.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/

more info here about when it started and stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_&_Dragons

As a side line sales to people that follow Wicca may be possible for candles and other useful items.

Last edited:
You gotta be kidding................ Get some fresh air and go outside instead of making your thumbs hurt!!!

You gotta be kidding................ Get some fresh air and go outside instead of making your thumbs hurt!!!

Its a table top game more that a computer game Hachi.

Its what geeks played before PS3 etc.

Latest posts

Back