Amazing pictures

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJBee

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
16 a mix of Commercial, National, 14 x 12, Dadant and a Warre
The law of the wild says kill only when you are hungry!!!

Photographer Michel Denis-Huot, who captured these amazing pictures on
safari in Kenya 's Masai Mara in October

last year, said he was astounded by what he saw:

"These three cheetah brothers have been living together since they left
their mother at about 18 months old,' he said.

'On the morning we saw them, they seemed not to be hungry, walking
quickly but stopping sometimes to play together.

'At one point, they met a group of impala who ran away.

But one youngster was not quick enough and the brothers caught it
easily'.

These extraordinary scenes followed

Sorry Admin I should have uploaded these pictures as a new thread rather than tack them onto another post:blush5:

I think the carbon footprint for rich Europeans going on safari in Africa cannot be justified, even by pictures like those.

Midland Beek;87777 said:
I think the carbon footprint for rich Europeans going on safari in Africa cannot be justified, even by pictures like those.

Interesting - so are you saying that the problem lies with anyone going to Africa to see these fantastic creatures, all transcontinental air travel, or just rich europeans?

Amazing photos btw

Excellent photos, who'd have thought?:.)

Of course the photographer may have sailed, unlikey I know but............

Midland Beek;87777 said:

On the flip side, without rich tourists paying thousands of Dollars to access national parks and the such would the parks have the money to keep endangered animals safe and preserve habitates that would otherwise be destroyed?

I guess a happy medium needs to be struck.

C B

cracking photo's MJ Bee, release the tiddler to fatten up ready to be eaten another day :)

Midland Beek;87777 said:

:rofl::rofl:

does this statement mean that you never go on holiday, ever, anywhere, and you never buy any produce that is not manufactured/grown in the UK, oh and you dont drive a car or ride a motorbike etc etc etc

:rofl:

I heard an interesting fact on 'Grand Designs' the other week... the production of cement has a far greater carbon footprint than all air travel combined.

thank god I had my workshop built and patio laid before I heard that, otherwise I would have made it all of wood. Ahh, problem, I suspect quite a lot of timber in my local timber yard has not been grown in the UK, there goes the Carbon Footprint again :banghead:

I went to Africa a couple of years ago, fortunately my employer is in the 'sailing' business and took me there by sea, I didn't get the chance to go on Safari, although a little time in the Jungle was a good experience ;)

MJBee, thanks for posting such beautiful, and thought - (debate - ) provoking pictures
:)

taff..;87877 said:
does this statement mean that you never go on holiday, ever, anywhere, and you never buy any produce that is not manufactured/grown in the UK, oh and you dont drive a car or ride a motorbike etc etc etc

I go on holiday to Wales!

No. I don't own a car or motorbike or much use air travel (flown to Italy only once after trips overland took too long) and generally try to keep my carbon footprint as low as possible. But I don't get anything for it. I mean, not even a discount on a new bike or free rides on the public transport system.

What is it with people who feel they need to go and see leopards or lions or mountain gorillas or whatever? I don't watch TV but I believe there are lots of good programs showing these animals. And where will the desire for people to satisfy themselves end? Trips to space?

Tbh ive seen large americans sit by their double/triple size whopper and stroke it lovingly, lick it and treat it like its his/her best friend,

why should other predatory animals be any differant :p

nice pics btw

Midland Beek;87988 said:
What is it with people who feel they need to go and see leopards or lions or mountain gorillas or whatever? I don't watch TV but I believe there are lots of good programs showing these animals.

Same reason why watching food programs isn't the same as going to a good restaraunt. Or keeping bees isnt the same as watching the documentaries and buying honey form Tescos. Or conversation is better than Facebook. Experience.

Midland Beek;87988 said:
I go on holiday to Wales!

No. I don't own a car or motorbike or much use air travel (flown to Italy only once after trips overland took too long) and generally try to keep my carbon footprint as low as possible. But I don't get anything for it. I mean, not even a discount on a new bike or free rides on the public transport system.

What is it with people who feel they need to go and see leopards or lions or mountain gorillas or whatever? I don't watch TV but I believe there are lots of good programs showing these animals. And where will the desire for people to satisfy themselves end? Trips to space?

I do own vehicles etc but fully agree with your sentiments about people having to go to these wonderful places and so help to pollute them.

The Galapagos Islands - rare and unspoiled, creatures exist here that exist nowhere else yet people are going there in droves.

This brings me to another poster's comments ref concrete. Concrete is now being shipped out to the Galapagos to build infrastructure for these stupid people to stay on and use while they destroy the last untouched place on earth.

Watching TV gives such good photographs, I feel the place should be ring-fenced with only half a dozen scientists perhaps, allowed access.

Tourism - we have to work out a better way to survive than money and tourism and increasing population.

The problem is (after a history in tourism prior to teaching) that the more difficult/expensive/exclusive a place becomes the longer the list of people trying legally/illegally to get there...

Latest posts

Back