Am I soft or what?!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Nicholson

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Found one of my bees on the pavers this am. obviously very sad and tired. Popped her on a pansy and still there tonight so put a bit of honey on my finger tip - let her feed and she took the lot! Obviously very refreshed and started buzzing around and eventually landed on my face. Popped her back into the hive - hopefully she will tell the others that I am a good guy and want to look after them all - or is this wishful thinking!!
P.

I don't know whether your hopes are wishful thinking or not, but that's a corker of a picture.

Very Buddhist of you. That could bee you in your next reincarnation. You are on the path to enlightenment. Next step Axis Mundi 3 times around.
not worthy

He is like a guy who went to search for one missing sheap and left the 99 in trouble.

As the old Porter in Uni Halls used to say "Nice to be Nice".

and no he wasn't Brucie!

"put a bit of honey on my finger tip and let her feed"

presume it was your own honey and not some supermarket economy chinese stuff full of AFB spores?

"presume it was your own honey and not some supermarket economy chinese stuff full of AFB spores?"

Wouldn't have that C**P in my house Dr.! and no it was not a solitary - I recognised her immediately - she is from hive No.2 and is called Freda; and the honey I gave her came from that hive.:)
Merry Xmas all.
P.

A Friendly bee

Hi Pete,
What camera details please, and how long you been a photographer, just interested.
And yes you can strike up a relationship with your bees, mine quite often come inside the house on my clothes, and boy do they get very active once inside, they definitely like central heating, but can be picked up with ease and returned to the hive, I have done this hundreds of times.
Bob

Hi Bob - nothing special; just the better half's Canon Ixus 8015 (pocket digital) set on macro mode. Sometimes it works; sometimes not. Took several - one of my fave's attached.
One day I will treat myself to a really decent camera but all my current gear is 35 mm SLR and am wanting to use the lenses with a good digital body. Poss. nikon or canon.

Pete.

Hi Bob - nothing special; just the better half's Canon Ixus 8015 (pocket digital) set on macro mode. Sometimes it works; sometimes not. Took several - one of my fave's attached.
One day I will treat myself to a really decent camera but all my current gear is 35 mm SLR and am wanting to use the lenses with a good digital body. Poss. nikon or canon.

Pete.

Jeez - Doesn't matter what you used Pete - it is a corker of a picture - one can magnify up and see every hair and the ocelli - well done you! :hurray::hurray:

Check very carefully before you do, because some the SLR-DSLR lens converters aren't very good.

Latest posts

Back