All the gear…..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Bought this today I trust the packageing is wrong… all singing al Danceing nuc.. bs national or 14x12 with feeder that can supply the potential 2 x 3 the fame nuc/ queen restring hive

Extremely tidy bit of kit

Attachments

• 87CDB412-88E0-4C96-ABD3-C0E2A5D472A6.jpeg
    87CDB412-88E0-4C96-ABD3-C0E2A5D472A6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • C67A1110-ACD0-4EE2-A09A-0162BCAE9FE3.jpeg
    C67A1110-ACD0-4EE2-A09A-0162BCAE9FE3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
Bought this today I trust the packageing is wrong… all singing al Danceing nuc.. bs national or 14x12 with feeder that can supply the potential 2 x 3 the fame nuc/ queen restring hive

Extremely tidy bit of kit
I have the same kit, I used to mate my queens from grafting. Has worked well. Prefer to Apideas so far.

I have one of those, only held a nuc briefly before transfer to full sized hive, now set up as a bait hive.
I painted it and painted the inside of the feeder (3 coats), had to trim a little off the feeder inserts to allow space for the paint.

I have one of these . Perfectly nice poly nuc. What I haven't worked out is , when running as two x 3 frame nucs - when you move one side on to a 6 frame nuc (or dummied hive) - how do you get all the bees out without completely bashing about the other 3 frame nuc?

In theory it looks a good idea, having used many different types of 2 x 3 frame boxes they really don’t work well, management of one side is tricky without agitating the other side, then when one side needs more space you need another apiary to move it too.

Much prefer to work upstairs down stairs systems.

Agree difficult to remove just one side - better to move both.
As they have the entrances to each side at different ends, you should be able to move into hives or nucs immediately adjacent to each other over the original site but facing appropriate opposite directions, then move apart slowly.

I typically just use the one side now until they build up and then remove the divider when they are ready to expand; I prefer the nucs to face the same direction but good to have the option in case you are running low on kit.

Latest posts

Back