All I want for Christmas is....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
HI All
Lois's post about new equipment made me think of the Christmas presents I would like to receive rather than the inevitable rubbish from the in-laws who can't give the wretched business up.

My needs are simple:
New hive tools - you can never have too many.
Bad beekeepers club book.
National Polyhive to try out.
New white marker pen for next year.

That's it....what about you?:xmas-smiley-016:
Cazza

Ditto 1 national poly hive to play with
Marker pen
2 nucs...
An experienced bee-keeper, willing to be my mentor...and move in a couple of doors down?
An extractor
...and a job for my hubby would be lovely while you're asking...

A nice, gentle nuc to pick up next spring so I can breed a gentle queen and then re-queen my agressive girls...

"Please mum, I promise they won't sting you!"

Ben P

Last edited:
Cazza,

Wrong about the hive tools. The more you have, the more you lose!

Bad beekeepers book - PM PH quick. Read it now and pass it on. You will not regret it!

National poly hive - just a gift voucher or token for Christmas, I fear. Doubt if they materialise so much before springtime. Will be worth the wait!

White marker pen - what's wrong with tippex/snowpake?

Queens,

You will have a poly nucleus hive to play with!

2 nucs... would that be hardware or live-ware. A bit early for the latter!

A job for hubby - can't help there, I' afraid, but you could let him play with the polynuc!

Regards to both, RAB

two things....

1. It seems that RABs recent health issues have softened him somewhat - he's coming across all "Santa-ry" suddenly.

2. Perhaps hardened members of the BKF could "hijack" (not literally) one of those Lapland tours (proper charter flights to Finland etc not some sad reindeer in a Berkshire field) but rather than head to Santa's workshop we could go and visit Finman!!!!!

3. or more realistically, in the new year, could we try to organise some live "webinars" or videoconferences with interesting folk?

Last year I let it be known I desired a new smoker. I got 3.

humbug here the BEST thing for me about christmas is the 26th, bahh and humbug

Yule could always go and tip icing sugar or even Oxalic Acid (Mr Fin has an excellent recipe for it) on the bees.
Give them a day to remember

:willy_nilly:not even 1st December yet!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFU198maQ3I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFU198maQ3I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Hi RAB, I must admit nuc wise I meant the buzzy occupants! Even a promise for spring would be good! If I let hubby play he tends to take over - but I thought I might get him a nuc of his own to play with...

Hubby has said he will pay for my new hive once he has paid for his deep root canal work at the dentist. Ouch.
I would also like a corkscrew Hazel, a liquidamber strachyflau, a witch Hazel or a patio fruit tree. I love plants.
Oh, and a field of Heather next to my hives would be good.

I hope that's not your houose, Dishmop. If you were my neighbour, I'd be asking for an air rifle...

I hope that's not your houose, Dishmop. If you were my neighbour, I'd be asking for an air rifle...
Across the road. Not to everybodies taste of course and the video doesnt do it credit. Bloke designed and made it all himself Hundreds of thousands of led's. Computer controlled. He programmed all the chips. Its very impressive actually. Snowman even moves his fingers when he takes his hat off. Not intrusive.. People complained one year when he didnt put them up. Unfortuneatley he died of a heart attack early this year. Only 48.

Sorry bit controversial
For Christmas......a promise of a general election in the New Year so that the people who mistakenly voted in the wrong party can correct their mistake!

New Year. It would be nice to have a year when one of my family doesn’t die or get ill but guess this is part of getting older.

Bees....no swarms, lots of honey and no stings

In the meantime over Christmas and New Year lets :party:

Cheers
S

I best not put the forum decorations up just yet then :D

I really do thing that should be put up fo a forum users vote......

Mother in law gave me some black and yellow bee striped Christmass tree decorations yesterday!

The little ones have a huge orrible rubber bee they want dressed up as a fairy for the top of the tree.............. keep telling them that Christmas has been cancelled !

Sorry bit controversial
For Christmas......a promise of a general election in the New Year so that the people who mistakenly voted in the wrong party can correct their mistake!

New Year. It would be nice to have a year when one of my family doesn’t die or get ill but guess this is part of getting older.

Bees....no swarms, lots of honey and no stings

In the meantime over Christmas and New Year lets :party:

Cheers
S
:gnorsi:
I got duped too!

I think beekeepers should get paid a massive EU subsidy for doing their bit for the environment.... that would bee a nice Christmas present!

:party:

Latest posts

Back