All full

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no supers left and bees are now foraging the HB. At this rate I’ll have a better harvest than 2018. All boxes full of bees even my spare brood box that I use for demaree with only 1 frame and lots of wild comb that I’ll have to sort out tomorrow.
All new queens mated and laying well
I’ll keep a few nucs this winter just in case wild horses doing what horses do.

Anyone else getting like this
You need to buy more kit :ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

You are all getting me worried, I hope I have put enough supers and given enough space to my bees for 2 weeks!! It will be a good test on my ability (or lack of) to read my bees and conditions!!
Flow more or less over with us over the mountain. very little coming in at the Llandybie apiary although there seems to be some life left over at Llandyfan

Flow more or less over with us over the mountain. very little coming in at the Llandybie apiary although there seems to be some life left over at Llandyfan
Thanks Emyr. It usually starts to slow down now on Gower although the bramble was flowering in patches when I left with lots yet to flower.

I usually have my supers off by about now, however when the weather is OK, bees are still bringing in nectar.

Slowed down here also. Weather is also not as good, back to ~16c daytime high. Will be removing the supers in the next couple weeks.

They let me back in the country so I used the opportunity to check my apiaries over the last 2 days. No swarm to notify although I lost a good queen in one of my production hive and the nectar has pilled in with 90% of it already fully capped in most hives. The monster hive in the pic has filled and capped the upper BB which I gave them as extra space and filled and capped 4 supers....I am going to need more jars!

Attachments

• honey.jpg
    honey.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 28
  • hive.jpg
    hive.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 23
...answered a question that was puzzling me.....possibly even later up here?
I would of thought so, rain for a few days then a ridge of high pressure will be coming next week local temps to be highs of 22c

I had a jar of HB honey a few years back which I had swapped for one of my jar. I found it tasteless in comparison.

I liked the balsam last year simply because it kept the bees going for so long into the early Autumn.

I would of thought so, rain for a few days then a ridge of high pressure will be coming next week local temps to be highs of 22c

I've just been down to check. I saw a couple of blokes hacking the balsam down. There's at least three miles of riverside, but they must have been at it on and off all summer, because they've made a big dent in the amount of balsam ; but it is well into flower.

I've just been down to check. I saw a couple of blokes hacking the balsam down. There's at least three miles of riverside, but they must have been at it on and off all summer, because they've made a big dent in the amount of balsam ; but it is well into flower.
Aye it is an invasive plant, I'm Just about to go and check the colonys on the back of the hill they were travelling over a mile to hb I haven't been down to the river to look where it is even..
Have a good afternoon :)

Put a super of undrawn Langstroth shallow frames on a week last Friday, went off to the Lake District camping for the week, came back, whole super drawn, filled, capped and ready to go. And this was in Suffolk, which had pretty bad weather last week, so I'm impressed.
Needless to say, whacked another fresh super on!

They let me back in the country so I used the opportunity to check my apiaries over the last 2 days. No swarm to notify although I lost a good queen in one of my production hive and the nectar has pilled in with 90% of it already fully capped in most hives. The monster hive in the pic has filled and capped the upper BB which I gave them as extra space and filled and capped 4 supers....I am going to need more jars!
Screwfix sell step ladders

Latest posts

Back