Air flow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swarm

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would share these photos of a crown board, the piece of ply covering the hole obviously moved and the small gap was propolised shut over winter.
Earlier this year I noticed the single bee space they had made and decided to see what they would do. On Tuesday I found they had removed the propolis and half a dozen were enjoying a stroll on the crown board when I took the roof off. Unfortunately, they all popped back in before I could get the smart phone out but I do like that little bee peeping out.

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 17
  • cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 20
  • cb3.jpg
    cb3.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 18
A few years ago, I'd run out of covers for the holes and used duct tape instead. It took them 5 months to eat their way through and make a hole big enough for one bee.

A few years ago, I'd run out of covers for the holes and used duct tape instead. It took them 5 months to eat their way through and make a hole big enough for one bee.
That sounds like what I've had to do as I was out on site and that was all I had to use.

Latest posts

Back