Agricultural land/parcel?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpefareo

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
I would like to ask guru. I' m very new to beekeeping.
Thinking of starting beekeeping next year probably.
I understand there is a problem with finding a space of land for apiary as most people will not have they own space/land suitable for that.
Would it make sense to buy a parcel of argricultural land for beekeeping (I have seen few around 0.2 acre £1 per sqr foot). Or is it better to find a frendly farmer/landowner?

Would it make sense to buy a parcel of argricultural land for beekeeping (I have seen few around 0.2 acre £1 per sqr foot). Or is it better to find a frendly farmer/landowner?
Could you put your location in your profile please.

Really? How intriguing. Sounds like one of those land-banking schemes, or the aftermath of one. Where have you seen these for sale? Got a link?
If it is one of these schemes they would probably be a nightmare to do anything with. There is a field in the village divided into about 10 strips. I met a couple who had bought one and had great ideas of putting a shed on it and using it like an allotment. They found out that planning and covenants wouldn't even let them put a fence around it let alone put in the vehicular access that the vendor had indicated in the sales details.

If it is one of these schemes they would probably be a nightmare to do anything with. There is a field in the village divided into about 10 strips. I met a couple who had bought one and had great ideas of putting a shed on it and using it like an allotment. They found out that planning and covenants wouldn't even let them put a fence around it let alone put in the vehicular access that the vendor had indicated in the sales details.

Absolutely

But as Dani suggests, I believe the OP may be from foreign parts, so perhaps things are different

Latest posts

Back