Agricultural land/parcel?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

mpefareo 

New Bee
Reaction score
I would like to ask guru. I' m very new to beekeeping.
Thinking of starting beekeeping next year probably.
I understand there is a problem with finding a space of land for apiary as most people will not have they own space/land suitable for that.
Would it make sense to buy a parcel of argricultural land for beekeeping (I have seen few around 0.2 acre £1 per sqr foot). Or is it better to find a frendly farmer/landowner?

Newbeeneil 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
30 plus 19 that I maintain for clients.
Really? How intriguing. Sounds like one of those land-banking schemes, or the aftermath of one. Where have you seen these for sale? Got a link?
If it is one of these schemes they would probably be a nightmare to do anything with. There is a field in the village divided into about 10 strips. I met a couple who had bought one and had great ideas of putting a shed on it and using it like an allotment. They found out that planning and covenants wouldn't even let them put a fence around it let alone put in the vehicular access that the vendor had indicated in the sales details.

Reaction score
If it is one of these schemes they would probably be a nightmare to do anything with. There is a field in the village divided into about 10 strips. I met a couple who had bought one and had great ideas of putting a shed on it and using it like an allotment. They found out that planning and covenants wouldn't even let them put a fence around it let alone put in the vehicular access that the vendor had indicated in the sales details.
Absolutely

But as Dani suggests, I believe the OP may be from foreign parts, so perhaps things are different

Latest posts