Agri-chemical companies are both breeding and killing bees

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Packages of bumblebees carrying IAPV from Australia to US for almond pollination,never saw any of them on that film,obviously giving up on the honey bee's.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
from a purely "business" point of view, it's excellent - if they already know that bumbles are relatively immune to effects of neonicotinoids, all they have to do is carry on making -and flogging the stuff (by carrying on hushing up the truth about them - the recently announced million squid research initiative is but fag-paper money for them - which of course has the brief NOT to look at the chemical problems), then make even more money flogging farmers bumbles.........
They are to be congratulated on such sound business acumen ..... the BBKA would be proud of them

Last edited:

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
What was that you said? - sorry, missed that - Syngenta are already funding the BBKA ?- how splendidly altruistic of them - in exchange for branding products "bee friendly"? - well, well, well, what could be cosier, and overall best for honeybees...................

jezd 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
What was that you said? - sorry, missed that - Syngenta are already funding the BBKA ?- how splendidly altruistic of them - in exchange for branding products "bee friendly"? - well, well, well, what could be cosier, and overall best for honeybees...................
lol, cant have you talking to yourself can we :cheers2:

I agree and I don’t, and then I agree again, and not...confused? me too.

Your not battling against anything like common sense or simply right from wrong, your not even fighting governments or the companies you quote - its a society and education issue and nothing more, your next-door neighbour demands cheap food and carries no responsibility for the consequences on how its produced either now or for their own offspring.

This is human nature......its cr*p I know.

I think I need a beer :grouphug: ethically produced of course…

gavin 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
about 70 and rising
Does the Co-op make beer? If so, I guess their cheap stuff will be produced using cheap, exploited East European labour and probably laced with neonicotinoids from the dodgy malt that was imported from goodness-knows-where. Best clear the dregs away before the bees find it. ;)

This is so bizarre its funny. So, let's get this straight ....

Syngenta are killing bees with the chemicals Bayer makes (?!) so that their bumble bee business (for GH crops that can't be pollinated by honeybees anyway) takes over the world?!!

I despair .... I didn't miss a note of sarcasm there did I? You are serious, aren't you Brosville? Are you OK?!

G.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Oh do keep up dear!
"Syngenta sells two products containing neonicotinoids, Actara and Cruiser" - if you have a swift Google, you'll also find out that several squillion quid is changing hands between Bayer and Syngenta over neonicotinoids as we speak!
(intellectual property rights or some such bilge - "we've got the rights over Zyklon Bee sort of thing)
But I thought you'd have known that, working as you do "in the industry"

Really glad you're finding the poisoning of honey bees by two companies that fund the British Beekiller's Asociation so funny........ pleasure is where you find it!
The Ecologist (do keep up) who wrote the article found it rather bizarre that a company that makes and sells substances that kills bees (no argument about that, just at what concentration!) is also breeding and flogging Bumblebees to replace the honeybees that have been dying in their droves - conspiracy? - No, just business as usual in the "icide" business.

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Gavin and Bros in the same skittle team,now would'nt that be a sight to behold, i rekon they would make a winning team.

Last edited:

gavin 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
about 70 and rising
Thanks Pete!

I doubt that we'd be winning though .... just bickering and missing our turns to throw the ball.

G.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
The film was on over last weekend - probably still available on the itv iplayer thingummyjiggler........:)

Latest posts