AFB in norwich

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burch

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
i have tonight been informed that AFB is in an apiary in norwich

thanx for the info! I'm about 2 recieve 2 nuc's from Paul Metcalfe, he never mentioned it yesterday when I saw him? ( I'm a student @ easton)

i asked the regional bee inspector for norwich if there were any confirmed cases of afb. he has just replied that there is efb but no afb that he is aware of. i think its important that only definate first hand confirmed cases of desease are put on the forum.

i asked the regional bee inspector for norwich if there were any confirmed cases of afb. he has just replied that there is efb but no afb that he is aware of. i think its important that only definate first hand confirmed cases of desease are put on the forum.

I agree with Lincsbee, that only confirmed cases be broadcast on the forum, as we all know how chinese whispers will soon turn one suspected case of AFB into an AFB/EFB hybrid that has combined with varroa and CCD that has spread into a worldwide pandemic amongst bees

Don't worry, The proposed pandemic will give miser Brown the opportunity to shower us with leaflets, add to regulation, place a tax on beekeeping, etc etc.
We need to know of confirmed cases of AFB and EFB but although there is a risk of chinese whispers,(quietly humming yellow bees?), it is also best to be forwarned of suspected cases. How long do the authorities take to confirm AFB and EFB? Buyers and movers of bees need to know quickly in order to make sensible and informed decisions.

Here you go,dont say I dont spoil members ;)

Latest published figures upto 1st May 2009.
(List is in alphabetical order by county)

AFB Confirmed cases:

North Yorkshire
Northamptonshire
Oxfordshire

Wales:
Gwent

EFB confirmed cases:

Cheshire
Staffordshire
North Yorkshire
Lincolnshire
Norfolk