Advice please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbeez

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi All,
Advice please, I re queened hive with bought queen 7-7-21, not the strongest of colonies, appeared all good, she was laying intermittently, but not the best laying pattern, however inspected today, no queen and x2 new queen cells. I’ve recently moved two weaker hives that were being slaughtered by wasps and they appear to be recovering, I’m not sure whether to let nature take its cause and let the ladies do their own thing or destroy queen cells and merge with one of the weaker hives I moved, hopefully making relatively strong colony going into winter.

Your choice really, though it is always better to have one strong hive rather than two weaker ones. Work out the dates and see if they have time before the weather goes bad in your locality.

You could unite the two recovering hives that were weakened by wasps, and introduce one of their queens to the hive in question.
You‘d then have a known good queen in what would be both hives and time for them both to be strong enough for Winter.

Latest posts

Back