Advice please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4-8
Brief history. Had new nuc 8 weeks ago. Q clipped believed swarmed colony intact q- two big qc split one in nuc box with bees and stores left other in hive replaced frames. Checked hatched 14 July. Closed up. Due to open up tomorrow three weeks ish as advised. I k ow my nuc is defending itself from robbers have watched and closed entrance to one bee. Am feeding nuc. How shall I inspect the nuc and feed under threat of robbers. any help appreciated.

If you need to inspect then you have to do it. As soon as you have found what you are looking for, presumably eggs, them close up. If you can move the nuc on a temporary basis that would help.
E

agree, with enrico, just look quickly for eggs and brood, , use two fresh tea towels to cover the frame tops, moving the tea towel to put and take out frames

are the robbers from hive in the apiary as the /nuc would therefore best moved off the apairy

Why not use the rain to your advantage, take an umbrella and do the inspection while the robbers are not flying?

i inspected early in morning, before robbers were awake, bees were a bit suprised.....

Good thinking out of the box ARL , take heed and go for it Paul!

Reading threads on this forum always throws up great info.

All done. They seem fine today still bees trying to get in but holding them out.
Thanks for al the help. Warm and wet is ok sometimes

Latest posts

Back