Advice for a (fairly) newbie!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your kind words.
I feel that many beekeepers do things in different ways, there are so many variables like pollen flow, weather, temperature etc and “one size does not fit all”.
Again, if anyone near York could spare a frame, I’d be very grateful.
Hi

I'm just north of Leeds, LS21, so not too close, but you're welcome to a frame of eggs and young larvae if you can get over.

Simon

Thank you for your kind words.
I feel that many beekeepers do things in different ways, there are so many variables like pollen flow, weather, temperature etc and “one size does not fit all”.
Again, if anyone near York could spare a frame, I’d be very grateful.

this is a great forum so worth using it to triangulate advice....sometimes people giving advice assume you know some stuff and they take certain aspects for granted, so always worth asking and no such thing as a daft question tbh

don't be disheartened

Thank you for your reply.
I’m in North Yorkshire and quite frankly, getting help/advice from my local group has been akin to getting blood from a stone so I’m not too sure asking for a frame would be particularly fruitful.
Hi, what part of North Yorkshire are you in?

Your local beekeeping group has a goal of killing your bees. If this is not the case, I have no other comment on their actions. They probably wanted to bully a young and inexperienced beekeeper. I wouldn't say I like that kind of bullying. It's disgusting. Try not to listen to their suggestions yet, unless you want to constantly lose bee queens. I'm sorry this happened to you. Try finding other honeybees raising tips in helpful articles instead of the books you read. Books sometimes have such bizarre advice that I'm beginning to think their authors have no practical experience with beehives. I hope it works out for you. We will hope so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back