Admins auction site

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how much are you willing to pay to sell items?

• nothing

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • £1

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • £2

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • £3

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • £4

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • £5

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • more?

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thurrock bees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
i have thought about Admins new auction site. i would like to do a poll for members who wish to sell on the site.
How about paying a small fee for his time in creating and maintaining these sites??

would a 'percentage payment' with a 'fixed minimum' be a good way of sorting this? ;)

hi you have a range of options in your poll but not make a contribution, thats how the forum works, what will happen to profits . and does admin want a fee regards jim

How about paying a small fee for his time in creating and maintaining these sites??

There allready is the option to donate to the forum!

As for the auction, a % based system would be better, and most people would expect to pay it!

I think its up to admin but the site has got to get established first and start attracting people from outside the forum people need to be attracted to the site and one way is no fee more people start to advertise more people look more people advertise more people bid and so on with more administration to deal with the greater need to charge a fee which will need to be collected.

hi I know there is an option to donate to the forum thats my point there is no option in the poll to make a donation to the auction, an if charges are introduced surely it becomes a business with all thats involved.regards jim

Just as long as you don't complicate Admin's tax return, because that would be a bummer. :)

Banks have all these good ideas that used to make you about £50 a year and the price, instead of having two bank accounts, suddenly you had six and the interest rate fell through the floor, leaving just a complicated account tracking scenario behind. :confused:

Having looked at Bid 4 bees it really doesnt seem to attract a lot of items or activity. Is this what would be wanted or is there a cunning plan?

Most auction sites rely on a % and would imagine that this has been proven to be the most cost effective way.
Cheers

no fee more people start to advertise more people look more people advertise more people bid and so on with more administration to deal with the greater need to charge a fee which will need to be collected.

Fair point, think I was jumping the gun above.

But still, sometimes when something is free, it "appears" to be cheap.

even a 1% charge would not be unrealistic to start off with, I think 5% should be the max.

But still, sometimes when something is free, it "appears" to be cheap.

Hi Jim its not relevant people dont buy the auction its the items being sold they may be cheep or expensive or you may get a bargain.

Ebay charge either 10% or 8% depending on a business or a private listing thats on the final hammer price + a small listing fee believe me you only pay this because you know 1000s of people look every day and with it being an auction all outcomes are possible.

My fault, I forgot we where talking about beekeeping and therefore everything must be cheap/free and no one is allowed to make a profit:svengo:

Latest posts

Back