Adjustable hive stand

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angry_Mob

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
30+
Made this stand up for nucs. Very easy to make, no screws or nails, can be easily transported. Height adjustable for uneven terrain or just to change the working height.

I got the scaffolding base jacks from a local scaffolding supplier for under £5 each. (They are a rip off on ebay) I plan on getting two more base jacks and doubling the capacity.

Was thinking if I got a scaffold length that may be stronger than wood and allow you to add some way of adding cross braces in order to strap the hives if anyone can advise?

hs1.jpg

60823106_1107203226143957_1668355882645192704_n.jpg

60934521_1366996920104900_8871220860732571648_n.jpg

I find that they are difficult to inspect from the side when you have several on one stand but looks good!

Millet, is is the double couplers I need to put horizontal tubes on? I've no scaffolding experience but 4mm tube would be a lot stronger than timber?

Last edited:
Millet, is is the double couplers I need to put horizontal tubes on? I've no scaffolding experience but 4mm tube would be a lot stronger than timber?

You need double couplers or right angle couplers both are the same..a small upright tube to slide of them jacks to act as a leg will be perfect.

Made this stand up for nucs. Very easy to make, no screws or nails, can be easily transported. Height adjustable for uneven terrain or just to change the working height.

I got the scaffolding base jacks from a local scaffolding supplier for under £5 each. (They are a rip off on ebay) I plan on getting two more base jacks and doubling the capacity.

Was thinking if I got a scaffold length that may be stronger than wood and allow you to add some way of adding cross braces in order to strap the hives if anyone can advise?

Nice. I've been looking for a good source of scaffolding jacks having seen a similar design a year or so ago. For cross braces you can do this instead ... so only needing one strap for each couple of nucs.

190327-001.jpg

Thats a good idea so long as the nucs are the same height. Think I might just run battens across and screw in, still easily dissembled with a screw driver.

Back