Adhd

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 colonies now! and some spare parts.
I work as a teacher to young adults with learning difficulties and behavioural complications! ADHD, ADD etc.

We had a training day today and were shown this film as part of our training in how to recognise ADHD.

Enjoy

and yes it is bee related

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPGZs0UCQc[/ame]

That's what I used to do, along with mainstream NVQ students...not long ago, but we didn't get films like this...

That reminds me of my middle boy. Very bright, never stops, falls of his chair often at school through fidgetting and can not concentrate at all on anything for very long. He's hard work but such a sweetie, so sensitive, takes forever to get to school after it rains because he has to move every snail he comes across out of the path lol.

Erm thats what children are like nothing new there. /shrug

Yes I have 2. One is seven the other is Four.

They are both like that ladybird. Lots of energy and inquisitive its normal!

I'd seriously consider requeening that colony, the worst case of 'following' I've ever seen:):)

great film, made me laugh. It brought back memories of ''someones'' bees chasing me across one of my apraies. lmao :gnorsi: :willy_nilly::rofl::rofl:

Great film,
reminded me of my youth which was dealt with by a 'clip round the ear' from my late and greatly missed parents !
Not sure which way is best way to treat as I truly do beleive there are a small number of children with a problem, unlike me who was just a little sxxt who looked for trouble and generally found it!

Cheers
S

Not sure which way is best way to treat as I truly do beleive there are a small number of children with a problem, unlike me who was just a little sxxt who looked for trouble and generally found it!

Cheers
S

:iagree:

Many young people are diagnosed with ADHD erroneously, but I can say that if you have met a youngster with real ADHD you will see the difference.

This ladybird just looks excited about life and thats what children should be, so what if they get into a couple of scrapes or near misses, thats part of lifes adventure. I let my children crash go karts, set fire to bits of wood (with the occasional ant in the mix), get filthy in mud and have some freedom, they have grown up with a respect for danger and will take risks and not expect to be bailed out by me or the authorities.

My children have a friend, whos mum insists that he's got adhd and autism. What a load of bullocks. When this child is at my house, which is very often btw, he listens to instructions, behaves well and is polite. If I need to rein him in he listens immediately and we have some really interesting conversations about everything and anything, then his mother appears and he's climbing the walls. Because she makes excuses for this behaviour there is no point mentioning it. I have told her before that his behaviour is excellent at my house, he sleeps over often so I do see a lot of him, but she is insistant. She is even taking him out of mainstream school and trying to get him into a special school. Sometimes I wonder if there might be something in what she says as I can't see how it can be possible to get a " normal " child into a special school, but I also understand that some doctors are very quick to diagnose, when a child is simply trying it on. I really feel sorry for this kid because some of the other kids call him names because of his label. Oh well. I think because these days you can't give your children a clip around the ear, their behaviour just spirals to the point where they don't care if you take away their toy or ground them, these things just don't work, therefore lots of just naughty children who have not discipline get labelled as having a problem. it's so sad.

I well remember a young child with AS coming to stay for a week. Right little sh*t at home but he was not allowed chips, only once (as his stay extended to 10 days), with meals. Neither did he get any pudding unless he ate up his main course - food not eaten, therefore not hungry - and by the end of the first week (initially he was made clearly aware that he could/would go home if he misbehaved, but that clear implication, of bad behaviour, was not repeated, even once during his stay) he was eating runner beans, boiled tats and almost anything else put on his plate.

He did not always want ice cream for pudding either. Junk food such as potato crisps and similar were off the menu, too, as were fizzy drinks (which were his usual liquid intake).

A remarkable change in his mood over the period he was with us. He behaved well with no tantrums and carried on sensible conversation on a variety of subjects. He regressed very quickly when he went home, I believe, but meals of crisps and other junk food while sitting watching the telly was not particularly helpful.

It has been noted that a 'mad' hound (collie cross) that used to run around the tops of the furniture, bark, yap and bite was also transformed, when exported to another home and fed, and treated, properly. It is stiil going along quietly after several more years (was about to be put down if the move had not taken place). This was from the same household.

This leads me to believe it is the domestic situation that is the cause in many instances - I would not say all, but many - of these so called 'syndromes'. Probably the reason why most 'grow out of it' when they eventually grow up and realise, and learn, the proper values and correct way they are expcted to behave in a wider society.

RAB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back