Adapta stand problems

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi, I'm still on a steep learning curve and this year thought I'd use the Adapta stand so that I didn't have to dismantle the whole hive to clean out in Spring. (I am still wary about fact that the more I move boxes around, the more chance I have of killing the queen!). I wanted to add the correx mite board for checking mite drop (already aware that it has to be done from the front!) but I couldn't even get the floor out. It seems the weight of the brood and super etc on top of the entrance, prohibited me from getting any further. I shall have to dismantle after all it seems. :censored:

Has anyone else had this problem or is my entrance a bad fit? I have written to Thorne to make my irritation known. Naturally, in the video, the guy has an empty brood box only on top. Any comments would be very welcome.

I think they're meant to be interchangeable with the boxes in situ (that's what I understood when they first came out and Paul was courteous enough to give me a demonstration as they had incorporated my floor as an option) but wood will swell if it's been wet for a while.
But surely you shouldn't need to remove the floor as the inspection board should just slide in and out as required.

Thank you for a quick response. Actually Paul has just come back to me and asked for a photo.

Well, as in the video, the inspection board is inserted first and then the floor on top, but the overhang of the floor (upside down this can be used to block the entrance for transport) blocks the removal of the board. Go figure.

I'll see what Paul thinks of my photo. (Naturally one of the little angels took a dislike to my hand whilst I was trying to pull it out!)

Latest posts

Back