Aberdeen Yellow pages/phone book wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi

An odd request you might think, but does anyone have a fairly recent Aberdeen yellow pages or phone book they do not want and could post to me (I will pay postage)

Thanks

Can't help you Jim, but would 192.com do it?

Thanks PH I am allready with PSN. I was in my past life a mud engineer, so that is the type of work.

But more now QA/QC or SHEQ,

but backround is Chem Eng or Process Eng

But as you know with the oil, you start in one line and end up in another.

So realy anything goes.

I can pass on my CV if anyone can help, the more people that have it the better.

I will be totally honest with you Jim and say I am ever so pleased I am no longer there.

I am now working all hours for not a lot, but I am my own boss and I no longer have to check in, say three bags full to the Company Man, nor the OIM.

Just do what Julie says....LOL

More seriously I left because a guy I liked a lot and admired, Keith Ireland, was killed on a platform because some one got it very badly wrong. The whole weight of the well was on the pump Jim and he went to help the derrickman change liners as they couldn't get them off... Keith succeeded: and the pressure realease killed him.

Not a day goes by but I think how lucky I am not to be there.

Then the latest chopper went down and I knew one of them too. 10 guys from my old company died. Hmm..........

Have a good think Jim. I did.

PH (In sombre mood)

Last edited:
PH sorry to poke my nose in but did you get offered any counseling ?

I once came up against the power of Schlumberger in a work roll and still break into a cold sweat regards how ruthless they can be.

No Admin, we are tough men us oilys. That is just code for crying in private.

PH

Its never good PH, but I have been in the game since A-levels than through uni, then still on 10 years later.

I grew up with the "game" and it is in my blood.

Yes these things do happen, and when they happen it is big.

I always think about my work and what can go wrong, which I belive makes you wrok that bit safer.

My current work is just to unsure (closure/redundancy etc) so I am just making plans.

Somthing always comes up out of the blue for me. If I played the lotto I would win, thats how lucky I am! :cheers2:

By some strange coincidence PH, a new learner beekeeper is looking over my shoulder at the apiary and he earns his crust by flying Super Pumas out to the rigs from Aberdeen. I don't fancy his job given that they don't really know why the last one came down.

G.

Latest posts

Back