Abelo extractor problem?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I've noticed the same issue with mine, which I've had for a year. It seemed to get worse as I extracted this years spring crop. I don't have an answer, but am planning to get the screwdriver out to have a look before I use it again.

Yep, check any frame hasn't moved, check the upper most lug is clear of top covers

That's not the cause of my clicking; it's a mechanical click, not a tap as the drum rotates and it remained after a reload of frames. Do let me know if you get a reply please Polyhive.

I bought this last week: Electric 12 Frame Radial Extractor 240V/12V - Welcome to Abelo's Beekeeping Supplies When I ran it empty is wasa very smooth and virtually silent. When using it to extract there is a clicking noise that keeps pace with the speed increases and decreases. Seems odd that it has gone from silent to making a noise. Any thoughts?
I have the same model, now in its second year. Last week it started developing exactly the same clicking noise. It seems to be coming from the drive part of the motor. Please let me know what Abelo say!

That's not the cause of my clicking; it's a mechanical click, not a tap as the drum rotates and it remained after a reload of frames. Do let me know if you get a reply please Polyhive.
I'm not familiar with the type of motor used but I would hazard a guess it's a unit with a reduction gearbox. Possibly chip or loose particle amongst the gears? If it was an old unit I'd be stripping it down and checking with a fine tooth comb. Obviously a relatively new unit should be under warranty.

I was asked to take the cover off and take videos which were sent over to Poland. The bottom line was that I was informed a new motor was on its way, and a tracking number and said unit arrived the next day. No they didn't want the old one back so I have a spare even if a bit dodgy. I haver extracted since and it was perfect. I have given them a very positive google review as good service deserves it. When all goes well it's all good but when it goes wrong is when the true colours appear. Abelo were excellent.

PH

Latest posts

Back