Abandond Hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnandyrob

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
There are about 10 hives that have been abandoned not far from my apiary iv asked around and nobody knows who they are or who owns the land.Iv left a note with my contact details on its still there and no one has been to the site since i first found them in February. Some hives have frames with wax in and one hive still has some bees in what can i do I'm worried about disease

I would imagine that your local inspector could put your mind at rest (or otherwise)!

Imform your local bee inspector if your worried about disease....he will come and inspect your hives for you.

check up the owner of the land as the plot has to be registered might get you a name. mabey the local posty or village bobby would know whos patch it is. the neighbour of the patch definatly would cos unowned patches dont last long .fences move awfull quick

They are like allotments the type that instead of moving fences people just went and put fences up on the bit of land they wanted don't think its legal but they have been there as long as i can remember the man who has the next plot doesn't know who's they are and hasn't seen any one since the hives appeared

1 call the bee inspector explain your problem(Legal way)
2 treat the hives(slighty dodgy)
3open your mouth in pub get blabby mention value of hives etc. someone will go and nick them. (really ilegal way)
4or nick them yourself(reallly really ilegal way)

you have done the right thing by leaving your contact details, i would next find the landowner and ask who owns the hives. He SHOULD know as its his/her land.

No thanks iv got one some where thanks for reminding me

if you ask nicely, i'll come and shift them for you, once you've confirmed they are abandoned.....

:sifone:

Latest posts

Back