A Weekend Beekeeping Course, Easter 2011, Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th April

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
This course is being aimed at beginners, and the aim is to teach and demonstrate a method of managing bees on movable frames in conventional hives.

There are a multitude of “systems” of keeping bees, my intention is to teach one way, proven to work over 20 years, with the aim of aiding the (currently) inexperienced to enjoy success with their bees.

The course will be based on our Guesthouse located in the very centre of England in Castle Donington. The accommodation will be for the nights of the 22nd and 23d April.

Weather permitting it is hoped the majority of the afternoons will be spent at the hives.

The price includes, Bed and Breakfast, elevenses, and lunch. £195 per person.

More information on request.

PH

Some extra information.

I will be off line for the next 16 days.

The course is aimed at introducing beginners to bees and how to manage them.

There will be a max of 8 on the course. Personal attention is assured as is the chance to handle bees on the comb personally. Weather permitting of course.

Weight will be given to queen spotting, and clipping and marking will be practised. See weather again.

There are a couple of spare bee suits here, but only two so please give some thought to your own protection.

For those who do not "know" me from the forum I was Aberdeenshire Councils evening class lecturer in Beekeeping, I hold a Scottish Beekeepers Expert cert and have lectured across Scotland on various topics.

I used to run 80 plus colonies on a commercial basis, and whilst operating on a smaller scale now I am focussed on comb honey and nucs instead of the tons of extracted honey that I used to produce.

Julie and I look forward to meeting you in April. :)

PH

hi im from burton on trent i would love to do the course but dont need accomodation any chance? im new to beekeeping and have no experience apart from reading tom hooper.

Last edited:
Course with out accommodation is £105.

I will (possibly) have some nucs for sale depending on what survives this winter. I will not sell until they are up to a decent strength, and they will be £150 each.

Regards

Pete

I am now setting a closing date on this course.

12th of March is the cut off.

Only a few places left.

PH

Latest posts

Back