A wee word please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
16 lives lost so that your fuel tank can be filled.

I ask politely that you take a minute to consider the real price of that pump.

Thanks

PH

It might have been me.

Last edited:
Very sad news,I just caught about 3 seconds of it on the news,something about a North sea helicoptor going down, then they launched in to 27 minutes of Obama propaganda.

I am off to read about it online.

PH,
Did you know any of the people in the helicopter?

If so my sincere condolences to you.

Regards;

I hate helicopters, it really is time someone had a complete rethink about them.
The company i worked for closed after the owner was killed flying his helicopter just before xmas.

David

I will have to await the names but some of them worked for the company I used to work for, KCADeutag.

Regardless of knowing them I mourn them for they worked for us all.

PH

Sad, but having been on the rigs myself, they are one of the safest places to work considering the risks.

I am currently running a distillation rig for separation of petrol and diesel fractions (basically boiling up petrol).

For a 5 day trial we have done nearly 5 months of prep work, safety reviews (HAZOP's HAZID's and PHA's) spoke to EA HSE and.

The accident was the journey not their work, but still very sad

I had 28 year out there Jim and to a point they are safe. They still kill people though, I lost a good mate two years ago and that is one of the major reasons I have left. Paper work is all very well but if one twat gets it utterly wrong folk die.

Nobody noticed the whole well was leaning on the mud pump. And the bleed off valve was closed. Mind you it magically was open when the investigation started. How odd.

Now appears 10 of them were KCA. I may well know them.

PH

16 lives lost so that your fuel tank can be filled.

I ask politely that you take a minute to consider the real price of that pump.

Thanks

PH

It might have been me.

Its always sad news when someone's life is lost, my thoughts go out to them and their families.

Latest posts

Back