A weather experiment, please state yours...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
In Castle Donington today it is sunny with high cloud, cumulus and cirrus, 15degrees C at 9-15am.

Can you please state your location and weather.

I am curious to see the variations over the country for today.

For many years I talked to a good friend some 60 miles both West and North of me and our weather was often totally opposite. With that background, and some 28 years offshore suffering from incorrect forecasts, I would like to see just what differences there are in a day in the UK.

Over to you.

PH

Weather Report

Hi Poly Hive,

Pleased to add a weather report.

I am in Whitby this morning, it is wonderful, very sunny, blue sky, a few high clouds and 14 degrees C. at 09.45.

Roy

South East- North of Brighton, pale cirrostratus sky, Hazy sun 14 c - just off to plant out 10 winter hanging baskets! A lovely day - bees just getting busy

Last edited:
North Derbyshire (high Peak) - about 15 C, sunny, high cloud cirrus - building up to cumulus (30 % of sky coverage).

South Coast - Hampshire

20'C bright although cloudy, gentle 15 mph breeze gusting to 20-25 mph.

zoom_se_2.gif

Temp 20.2C in Retford, North Notts, at 11:41 am. Sky hazy clouds, some blue patches, gentle Easterly breeze. Might be handy to ask the time of report. Regards, Dave

no point giving detailed weather for where i am but we have very different weather over very small distances (<5km) - can have storms all round but not here or vice versa. thats what mountains do for you.

about 500 miles South of you PH - beautiful here, Cloudless, calm wall to wall sunshine and plus 24C.

Bees are busy but not much for them it has been too dry for too long.

East Devon, 21 degrees, light easterly breezes with all over light hazy cloud cover (sure it has a proper name - but I don't know it) at 14.56. Travelled 12 miles this morning and got rained on!!

Sussex weald (9 miles inland) - hazy bright 70.5 F, feels humid and sticky.......

Isle of wight

17c just come in from the garden and feels warm, hazzy sky now but it's been sunny today. Wind about 10 from the east.

17:10 sunny with high thin cloud and a few lower whispy bits, 21C hardly any wind.

However, an hour ago it was overcast and it rained for ~15 mins - of course it did I had just got togged up and lit my smoker!

cloudyish, sunnyish, has been as low as 13c and as high as 20c, no wind (pardon!).

Weather Update

The weather on the Yorkshire coast, probably 90% cloud cover by lunch-time,
and a maximum of 16 degrees C.

Roy

Latest posts

Back