Number of Hives

Anduril 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
20+
This has always been on the cards and it has been understood that it would be used on a temporary basis.

Apple 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Environment secretary George Eustice has agreed to let a product containing the neonicotinoid thiamethoxam to treat sugar beet seed this year in an effort to protect the crop from a virus.

AND he has allowed the PM Boris to sell the Cornish( and other) fishermen ... down the river on a BREXIT deal... to die for?

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Environment secretary George Eustice has agreed to let a product containing the neonicotinoid thiamethoxam to treat sugar beet seed this year in an effort to protect the crop from a virus.

<snip>
I never realized that thiamethoxam was a viricide. Don't tell Trump.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I am really disappointed with the NFU if this is true ...

"Last month it was revealed that the National Farmers’ Union had organised a letter from members to Mr Eustice urging him to allow the neonicotinoid called Cruiser SB to be used in England this spring.

A message to members stated: “Engagement on this campaign has been truly incredible”, adding: “Please refrain from sharing this on social media.” "

I wonder why ?

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I know I've been ridiculed for saying that neonicotinoids have a major impact on climate change but I continue to maintain that millions of tonnes of fertilizer run off coupled to millions of tonnes of neonicotinoid run off into our oceans is more than just a localised ecological disaster. I am convinced that neonicotinoids contribute to algal and weed overgrowth which not only affects temperature distribution in our oceans but also results in massive amounts of methane being released from rotting weed. But then we shouldn't be surprised ..... the UK has the worst record for selling environmentally harmful chemicals out of all European countries. Much easier now with Brexit for the unshackled stinkingly rich to further line their pockets.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Before the forum was sold to the present owners last August

Boston Bees 

House Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
10-20
Before the forum was sold to the present owners last August
So the present owners (whoever they are) also agree that all links to the BBKA website should be blocked from this forum? Just curious!

Boston Bees 

House Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
10-20
Well, I guess the answer is obvious, so no need really.

It's a bit sad though. I guess it's just how a lot of the internet is these days. People are more comfortable if they can inhabit an echo chamber filled mostly with people who agree with them, and don't say (or provide links to) anything which might upset their world view.

Oh well!

Latest posts